Redbox Referral Program Terms
The following terms apply to your participation in the Redbox Referral Program ("Program") offered by Redbox Automated Retail, LLC (doing business in Texas as DVD Rental by Redbox LLC) ("Redbox"or "we"). By participating in the Program, you agree to comply with these terms:
1) WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? You must be a resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico to participate.
2) SIGN UP WITH THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU USE FOR YOUR REDBOX.COM ACCOUNT. You must sign up for the Program using the same e-mail address associated with your redbox.com account and continue to use that address throughout your participation in the Program, otherwise you may not receive rental credits in your redbox.com account. If you use a different address for the Program, you forfeit all rights to earn rental credits.
3) YOU MUST DISCLOSE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH REDBOX. Every time you post or send your link, you must tell people that you earn a free rental credit if they use your link and reserve online. Telling people that you earn free rental credits is a legal requirement. Failure to comply may result in losing your free rentals and may be a violation of laws enforced by the Federal Trade Commission. You can use the default language provided to share your link, but at least use: "I get a free rental if you rent via my link.”
4) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMMUNICATIONS / YOU MAY NOT USE REDBOX TRADEMARKS WITHOUT REDBOX’S PERMISSION. You are limited in the way you may talk/write about the Program. You understand that for any communications you send you are sending them on your own behalf. You are not acting as an agent of Redbox nor will you be deemed an employee of Redbox. As such, while you can and should include your personal link in communications about the Program, you must not, without Redbox’s written permission, include any Redbox trademarks or other Redbox materials in your communications about this Program and you must not use any domain names or e-mail addresses that include Redbox, its marks or its web site URLs. The content of all of your communications about this Program must be yours alone. Do not misrepresent or embellish your relationship with Redbox or write, say or post anything you know is untrue or may be misleading. Do not make performance, price or other claims about Redbox services. And, if someone has asked you to stop sending them messages about Redbox, respect that wish.
5) WHAT IS A QUALIFIED REFERRAL?Subject to the sole discretion of Redbox, you may earn one (1) one-night online rental credit (valid for the first night of rental only for 1 DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, or game) for each qualified referral. A “qualified referral” is defined as a verified reservation for a rental made by another person (not you or your agent) online at www.redbox.com who arrived at www.redbox.com via your unique referral link and who is a first time online renter with Redbox. Reservations or rentals made with rental credits, promo codes, or other offers do not qualify to earn rental credits in the Program. There is a limit of one (1) online rental credit that may be earned per reservation transaction regardless of the number of items reserved during that transaction and there is a limit of one (1) online rental credit that may be earned per friend.
6) DEPOSIT OF RENTAL CREDITS. Rental credits legitimately earned will be deposited in your redbox.com account. Redbox does not guarantee how quickly the rental credits will be deposited into accounts. Earned credits expire thirty (30) days after they are deposited in an account. By participating, you agree that the statistics Redbox may choose to display through the Program site may not be real-time or accurately reflect the rental credits you have actually earned. Redbox will have no liability for any typos or errors displayed in those statistics.
7) RENTAL CREDITS EXPIRE. All rental credits you earn in the Program expire thirty (30) days after they are deposited in your account.
8) YOU MUST NOT HAVE OR USE MORE THAN ONE REFERRAL LINK. There is a limit of one (1) unique referral link per person. In other words, you may not submit multiple e-mail addresses to set up multiple redbox.com accounts in an attempt to earn additional rental credits.
9) NO FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY. Redbox reserves the right to void referrals and rental credits earned if it suspects that the referrals or rental credits were earned in a fraudulent manner, in a manner that violates these terms or in a manner otherwise not intended by Redbox.
10) NO SIDE PROMOTIONS. STICK WITH THE REFERRALS. You must not conduct your own promotion in connection with the Program, rental credits, or referrals. Any communications you make available about the Program must be limited to referring people to the Program.
11) COMPLY WITH THIRD PARTY REQUIREMENTS. You agree that you will not post your unique referral link or otherwise promote the Program on a web site or other outlet that prohibits that activity.
12) NO ILLEGAL OR UNSPORTSMANLIKE PARTICIPATION. You agree that you will not participate in this Program in a threatening, abusive, illegal or unsportsmanlike manner.
14) WE WILL SEND YOU E-MAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM. You may receive e-mails about this Program, including an e-mail each time one of your friends rents an item through your referral link and when that transaction is confirmed by Redbox.
15) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED/CANCELATION/MODIFICATION. The Program is void where prohibited and Redbox may cancel or modify these terms or the Program at any time. You or Redbox may, at any time, end your participation in the Program by giving Redbox notice of your withdrawal from the Program, at which point you will no longer be able to earn rental credits even if your referral link continues to be used by other people.
16) YOU RELEASE US FROM LIABILITY. By participating in the Program, you agree that Redbox will have no liability and that you will indemnify and hold Redbox harmless for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to you or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of your participation in the Program. You will not settle any claim without the prior written consent of Redbox. Further, you agree that Redbox is not responsible for faulty referral links, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, order processing, or communication; technical or mechanical malfunctions; errors in these terms, in any Program-related materials; human-processing error; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; damage to your equipment, computer hardware or software, or inaccurate information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL REDBOX BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE PROGRAM. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17) ILLINOIS LAW GOVERNS THESE TERMS. THESE TERMS AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THESE TERMS WILL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES AND WILL SPECIFICALLY NOT BE GOVERNED BY THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, IF OTHERWISE APPLICABLE. YOU AGREE THAT JURISDICTION OVER AND VENUE IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROGRAM OR THESE TERMS MUST BE IN THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE COURTS LOCATED IN COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS FOR ANY SUCH LEGAL PROCEEDING. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES.
18) REFERRAL PROGRAM RENTAL CREDIT TERMS. All rental credits earned in the Program are subject to the Referral Program Rental Credit Terms below.
Referral Program Rental Credit Terms
Earned credits expire 30 days after receipt. Credits may only be used to reserve at redbox.com for item pickup at a Redbox kiosk and cannot be used directly at a Redbox kiosk. Each rental credit earned is valid for the first night of rental only for 1 DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, or game. Daily rental charge is $1.50 for a Blu-ray Disc, $2 for a video game and as low as $1.20 for a standard DVD. Your payment card (necessary for rental) will be charged the applicable daily rental fee plus tax for each night you do not return your rental by 9:00 pm local time (at the Redbox kiosk) every subsequent night after the first rental night. Void where prohibited. Credits must not be copied/sold/offered in a manner not approved by Redbox. Cannot be combined with other offers. Only 1 credit may be used per reservation transaction. Credit applies to only 1 item per reservation transaction.